Welcome to Gijang-gun's homepage.
The flower of Gijang (county Flower) : azalea
- Symbol The unity and local patriotism of Gijang County residents.
- Characteristics It is a broad-leaved shrub of Azalea, and is used for decoration, commercial, and medicinal purposes.
- Distribution Korea, China
The Tree of Gijang (county wood) : Big Cone Pine
- Symbol Represents the countless development of Gijang County and the spirit of its residents
- Characteristics It is an evergreen coniferous tree that is native to beaches and coastal mountains. It is resistant to sea breeze and dry moisture
- Distribution Distributed in Korea, Japan, China, etc.
The bird of Gijang (county bird) : The bird of Gijang (county bird)
- Symbol The perseverance and strength of county residents
- Characteristics A bird with strong survival skills, the seagull brings up the image of the port and symbolizes hope and cooperation.
- Distribution found at ports, harbors and in the sea
The fish of Gijang: (county fish) : anchovy
- Symbol Symbolizes the vibrant life of county residents
- Characteristics Spawning twice a year in spring and autumn, spring anchovy is famous
- Distribution Species from the East Asian coastal waters of nearby shores including Japan and China.